CO.AS.IT. AND VATI are organising for January 2019 a short term study program at the University for Foreigners of Perugia specifically for teachers of Italian currently employed in Victorian Primary and secondary schools.
- Intended Departure from Melbourne: Saturday 30 December 2018
- Intended Departure from Rome: Wednesday 23 January 2019
The three week program for teachers will consist of the following courses:
- Italian Language Course
- Cultural Program
- Pedagogical Program
- Double room in a three star hotel, buffet breakfast included. Teachers requiring single rooms will incur an extra cost of $600
The overall Package includes:
- Airport Taxes
- Standard Travel Insurance
- Cost of the course
- City tax
THE COST FOR EACH PARTICIPATING TEACHER IS $2,000
Aim of the program:
Provide practising teachers of Italian with the opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills and understanding of the Italian language and culture.
More specifically, to increase the language proficiency of teachers of Italian through an intensive professional learning program.
- Complete the relevant application form;
- Address each of the selection criteria;
- Provide relevant documentation (as specified);
- Be currently employed as a teacher of Italian in a primary or secondary school with an Italian teaching load of at least 0.5;
- Preference will be given to teachers who have completed at least two years tertiary language study in Italian;
- Preference will be given to teachers with limited in-country experience in Italy.
Selection criteria that applicants must address:
- How will your students benefit from your participation in this study program?
- Outline your participation in recent, relevant professional learning. How has your teaching benefited from these activities?
- What are your personal learning goals in participating in this program?
How applicants will be selected:
Only applicants that have met the eligibility criteria will be considered.
Also taken into account will be:
- The quality of the applicant’s responses to the selection criteria;
- The support statement provided by the Principal;
- The language proficiency level of the applicant (intermediate and above);
- The applicant’s teaching load in Italian;
- The nature of any prior in-country experience in Italy (preference will be given to teachers with limited in-country experience).
Feedback will not be provided to unsuccessful applicants. Final selection including selection procedures is at the discretion of CO.AS.IT./VATI and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to Apply:
The application including supporting documentation and Principal’s endorsement must be submitted by Friday 21 September 2018 to:
CO.AS.IT. Language, Culture and Heritage Department
189 Faraday Street, Carlton 3053
A cheque deposit for $2,000 made payable to CO.AS.IT. must be included with the application form.
This will be returned to those who are not selected or if the event does not take place. Confirmation will be sent by Friday September 28. Once selected and tickets have been bought the money becomes non refundable other than by a successful travel insurance claim.
Pre departure requirements
- Applicants must have a valid passport that does not expire before July 2019;
- Attend required meetings prior to departure;
Attach copy of the passport page with personal details to application.